Silver Tree Foundation Grantmaking Process, Award Criteria & Tracking
APPLYING FOR A GRANT
The Silver Tree Foundation (STF) reviews grant applications twice/year with awards ranging from $10,000-$100,000. Applications will be accepted for consideration 4/1 and 10/1. Please apply via the application below.
Notification of decisions will occur approximately 3 months after receipt of the application to the primary contact listed. Grant awards will be made for program implementation to begin within 6 months following receipt of funding.
Awards are for up to a one-year program/project implementation and cannot be renewed. However, we welcome grantee organizations/individuals who wish to continue their work to reapply in the next grant cycle for additional grant dollars.
The Silver Tree Foundation will award grants for projects and programs in alignment with our mission and values. All relevant domestic (USA) applications that adhere to our mission and criteria will be given serious consideration.
Preference in the process will be given to solutions that:
Have demonstrable sustainable individual/community/organizational impact
Address the needs of youth who are differently-abled (however, this doesn’t have to be a sole focus)
Include technology or are tech-related
Criteria Guiding the Silver Tree Foundation Review Process:
- Is the program, project or initiative in alignment with our vision, mission and values?
- Does the program or project focus on helping youth who are underserved between the ages 11-24 years old attain new job-related skills and/or training experiences to increase their competence and career aspirations?
- Does the application share how the project uniquely meets a significant need? Does it include some/all of STF’s priority areas [sustainability, innovation, inclusion of differently-abled youth]?
- How much money is the individual/organization applying for and how the money will be spent?
- Has a sound plan for tracking and communicating the success/progress of your initiative towards identified goals as well as the intended impact on individuals, organization or communit(ies) been articulated?
- Who is on the internal Implementation Team and the primary contact for this initiative?
- What is the larger impact of this work? How many will be served and to what degree and the intended outputs and outcomes clear, realistic and measurable?
- Have (optional) supplemental information that could be helpful in the review process been shared?
Award and acceptance of a grant from STF indicates agreement of awarded individuals and organizations to participate in STF’s tracking process and schedule:
- Assignment of STF contact/ambassador
- First and fourth quarter calls between lead and assigned STF contact to discuss progress towards shared aims
- Completion of mid-year progress report and presentation of during virtual or site visit team meeting
- Completion of Year-End Impact Report including statement of funding spent
- Recording of Impact video (with consent to be shared by STF for promotional purposes)
Along with completing the form below, please also submit a brief Cover Letter.